Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate Calculator
To secure future of a girl child, Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana is a good investment option. Investment done under this scheme is not the only risk-free but also gives good returns. Here we are going to discuss ten important points of this Yojana which will further convince you for investing in the yojana. Here we also discuss their interest rate and calculator. Prime Minister Narendra Modi started this Yojana along with Beti Bachao Beti Padao on 22 January 2016 in Panipat.
Finance consultant Balwant Jain says that if somebody wants to invest for long duration and wants it to be risk-free then investing in Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana is a good idea. According to him investing for 15 long years in the mutual fund is also considered good but as it is linked to share market, it has certain risk factors. Therefore if investors want a risk free investment then this is a good Yojana.
Let’s have a look at ten important facts about Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana:
- According to the new law, Sukanaya account can be opened for adopted girl child too.
- The benefits of this Yojana can be obtained by a girl of Indian citizenship only. If after the opening of the account, the account holder becomes NRI then the account will be closed and holder will not get any benefits of interest.
- The government keeps on changing the interest rates on this yojana. The current interest rate is 8.5%.
- One can deposit money in the sukanya account only till the daughter turns 15.
- If somebody fails to pay the minimal amount then he will be devoid of interest and only 4% of account interest will be given.
- In a particular year only value up to 1.5 lakh can be deposited. If by mistake more than this amount is deposited, one can remove it anytime.
- In the sukanaya account there is a facility paying by cheque, demand draft or cash through online transaction also.
- If a passbook is lost, new can be obtained by paying Rs. 50.
- There is also the facility for transferring the account from post office to bank or from bank to post office. Parents or nominee will have to show proof of address change if any or else transfer can be done by paying Rs.100.
- After the account gets mature no interest will be paid.
Hence if you are thinking of a risk-free investment for a girl child then go ahead and open her account under the Sukanaya Samrudhi Yojana.
More Related Queries: