Aam Admi Bima Yojana 2017
Aam Admi Bima Yojana Application Form: AABY is Social Security Scheme offered to rural landless households by Government of India. The scheme was launched on 2nd October 2007. It provides Death and Disability coverage as well as add-on benefits to children through scholarship. It is one of the several social security schemes offered by Government to the poor.
Benefits of Aam Admi Bima Yojana
Aam Admi Bima Yojana provides the sense of security to rural people who are landless. Their annual income is so meager that they can’t afford to pay any premium to get insurance coverage. And in the case of death or disability of a bread earner in the family, their life is doomed. This Bima Yojana can help them sustain their life in case of adverse circumstances.
Details of Aam Admi Bima Yojana
- It is a group insurance scheme. About 48 vocational/occupational groups have been identified as beneficiaries under the scheme.
- The Yojana is administered Life Insurance Corporation of India.
- It offers coverage to workers having between 18 to 59 years of age.
- The beneficiary under the scheme is provided the sum of Rs 30,000/- on natural death, Rs 75,000 in the event of accidental death or total disability (loss of two eyes or two limbs), Rs 37,500 in the case of partial disability (loss of one eye or one limb). Moreover, up to children in the family studying in the class 9th to 12th are provided the scholarship of Rs 100 per month and is paid on half yearly basis.
- The beneficiaries under the scheme don’t have to pay any premium for the insurance. There is Rs 200 annual premium which is paid by the central government and the state government in equal share.
- The applicant must belong to below poverty line (BPL) or marginally above poverty line (APL) and belongs to the identified group of workers under the scheme.
- She/he should be between age 18 and 59.
- She/he should be the family head or one earning member of the family.
- How to apply to avail benefits of Aam Admi Bima Yojana
- Eligible candidate can contact the nodal office and fill up required form and submit it along with necessary documents. They have to provide proof of the age, BPL or APL card, and Aadhar card.
Aam Admi Bima Yojana offers security to the rural poor against death or disability, be it full disability or partial disability.
More Related Queries:
- Aam Admi Bima Yojana Application Form 2017
- Online Form Up