Objectives of the Scheme Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana
To promote integrated development of handicraft artisans into a well-organized market, Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana has been launched by Textile Ministry of India. The Yojana provides support to artisans update their skill skills based on technology.
- It is aimed at mobilizing and generates awareness about handicraft arts.
To guide artisans on how to use quality material and designing equipment so that value added products can be produced.
- To impart training to handicraft artisans along with market exposure where they can sell the handicraft products produced by them.
- To educate artisans about the market and teach them market techniques so that they can get the better price for their products.
Features of the Scheme Ambedkar Hastshilp Yojana
The scheme mainly targets poor artisans so that they can get the better livelihood.
- The AHVY is run in the rural area among the people living below poverty line, differently abled and women are given priority.
- The scheme will help create self-help groups and categorize the artisans into the group.
- A diagnostic survey of all the handicraft artisans will be conducted under the scheme; female artisans will be provided special attention.
- Identity cards will be issued to the artisans.
- Artisans will be provided training for new designs and development in handicraft.
- All the artisans will be distributed new technology enabled tools.
- Seminar and workshops will be arranged to help artisans.
- Market assessment of the artisan products will be made.
- Electronic and print media will be employed to advertise the handicraft products.
- Exhibitions for a sale of the products prepared by the artisans will be organized.
- Every artisan will be provided financial aid during the training period.
Various loans will be offered to the artisans.
- AHVY projects can be undertaken by trusts, cooperative societies, NGOs, handloom and handicraft development board, designers etc.
Benefits of the Scheme Hastshilp Vikas Yojana
The Scheme is mainly targeted to economically poor in the rural area; priority is given to differently abled, minorities, women, and people living below poverty line.
It is very beneficial to artisans and has created awareness among them. It will also help them develop leadership quality. They will learn new tools and equipment as well as new designs.
The Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana will help handicraft artisan learn new skills, get the better market, get organized, Earn more and help them become self-sufficient.
- Textile Ministry of India Scheme
- ministry of textiles contact details
- Ambedkar yojana 2017