Odisha Kalinga Sikshya Sathi Yojana Online Registration
KSSY Online Registration/KSSY education loan: Government of Odisha has introduced a unique education loan scheme for financially weak students who want to pursue higher education. The scheme Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana has been launched by Chief Minister of the State, Mr. Naveen Patnaik on June 27, 2016.
There are many students who have the potential for higher study and want to go for it, but they don’t have enough fund or financial support to pursue it. To get education loan is difficult, as they don’t have sources to pay high interest. The Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana is unique in that it will offer loan at 1% interest only. This is the cheapest education loan offered in the state till date.
Features of Kalinga Sikshya Sathi Yojana
- The scheme provides education loan to pursue higher education to any student based on merit and family income.
- With a view to bringing down the financial burden on students and their families, the loan is offered at 1% interest only.
- Collateral is required to secure the loan.
- The Odisha Government has funded Rs 500 crore for the scheme.
- A loan of maximum Rs 10 lakh can be availed under the scheme.
- The moratorium period of the loan is the time period of the course plus one year.
Eligibility for the loan under Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
- Annual family income of the applicant must be below 4.5 lakh.
- Security deposit is to be provided as per the rules of the bank.
- The loan is available to the students studying in the courses such as medical, engineering, law, management and some other vocational courses.
How to apply to get the loan under Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
The majority of private and public sector banks of Odisha provides the loan under the scheme. The applicant can approach the bank, fill up an application form providing necessary details needed for it and then submit it along with necessary documents.
- ID proof of the student
- Birth Certificate
- Copies of Mark sheet of the previously held board exams
- Proof of income of the family
- Documents regarding security
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana is a very good move to promote higher education in the state. In addition to helping financially weaker section of the state with affordable education loan, it will help the state progress and grow as the highly educated youth of the state is the pride for the state!
More Related Queries:
- KSSY Online Registration
- Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Scheme Educational Loan
- kalinga Siksha sathi yojana online registration
- kalinga Siksha sathi yojana application form
- kalinga siksha sathi apply online
- KSSY education loan Application