Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Guidelines and Online Application for Ahmedabad, Surat, Rajkot and Other
Check guidelines for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form and how to apply for Ahmedabad, Surat, Rajkot and Other location. To own a house is everybody’s dream. It is a basic necessity too. You feel peace and relaxation at the end of the day when you reach home and it re-energizes you for the next day.
To get a house need the handsome amount of money and is a herculean task to own a house for people who are economically weak or have low income; many of them are unable to fulfill their dream of a house in their lifetime though sincere efforts are made. The government of India is concerned about such downtrodden people and to help them get a shelter, has launched a Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
Vision and Mission of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Earlier known as Housing for All, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched on June 25, 2015, with a vision of providing affordable housing to urban as well as rural people belonging to Economically Weaker Section, EWS and Low Income Group, LIG in India.
The scheme has a mission of 2 Crore houses built by 2022. The scheme is devised in three phases over the period of 7 years targeted at building affordable houses with access to water facility, toilet facility, and 24/7 electricity supply.
The Yojana is being implemented in three phases.
- Phase I was started in April 2015 and is about to be completed in March 2017, it covered 100 cities of India.
- Phase II is about to start in April 2017 and will end in March 2019. It will cover 200 cities of India.
- Phase III will span April 2019 to March 2022 and will cover all the remaining cities of India.
How is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana being implemented?
There are main 4 components of the Yojana. The components are:
- Transforming Slum Areas: This component will rehabilitate slum dwellers with the help of private land developers using land as the resource.
- Credit Linked Subsidy: Under this component, people from urban EWS/LIG will be availed subsidy for construction of a new house or enhancement of the house. The subsidy will be available for loans up to 12 lakhs.
- Affordable Housing in Partnership: Under this component, financial assistance will be provided for construction of houses for EWS in partnerships with States/UTs/Cities etc.
- Beneficiary led Individual house construction or Enhancement: Under this component, the assistance of 1.5 lakh will be offered to families belonging to EWS for either construction of a new house or enhancement of their existing houses.
Beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
People who are direct beneficiaries of the Yojana are:
- Individual (his/her family member) must not own a Pucca house meaning he/she is the first time home buyer.
- belongs to EWS; annual income not exceeding ₹ 3 lakhs
- belongs to LIG; annual income not exceeding ₹ 6 lakhs
- belongs to scheduled caste/scheduled tribe
Main features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Carpet Area
The Carpet Area of the house to be constructed should be 30 square meters for EWS applicant; whereas for LIG applicant, it should be 60 square meters.
- Loan, Subsidy and interest rates
- For loan amount
up to 6 lakhs, there is a fixed interest rate of 6.5% per annum and remain unaffected by the change in RBI rate.
up to 9 lakhs, the interest will be reduced by 4% on the current interest rate.
up to 12 lakhs, the interest will be reduced by 3% on the current interest rate.
If you take loan above the specified limit, interest rate on the loan amount above the limit will be current rate. For example, if you take the loan of 15 lakhs with the current interest rate 9%, then you will pay 6% interest on first 12 lakhs and 9% interest rate on remaining 3 lakhs.
- For loan amount
- The tenure of the home loan can be maximum 15 years.
- Once your application is approved for the loan under the Yojana, you can take the loan from any of the participating banks.
- It is pro-woman and woman from the family member will be preferred for the scheme.
- While allocating ground floor, differently abled and aged will be given priority.
- Subsidy under this scheme will be credited upfront to the loan account of the beneficiary. It will help reduce EMI towards the loan repayment.
- Echo friendly technology will be employed to construct houses.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Eligible people can apply for a house under this Yojana online. You can also go to common service center, CSC located in your area and the service representative will help you apply online. You have to get through e-KYC. Fill up necessary forms. Aadhar card is mandatory to apply.
You will have to pay Rs. 25 application fee. When your application is submitted, you will be provided acknowledgment slip with your photograph and unique ID on it. You can use the ID to check the status of your application.
An online tool PM Awas Yojana subsidy calculator is provided which helps you calculate subsidy; you can access the calculator at www.pmaymis.gov.in/EMI_Calculator.aspx.
Take advantage of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, pay less EMI on your house loan and realize your dream of owning your own house!
More Related Queries:
- Ahmedabad, Surat, Rajkot pradhan mantri awas Yojana online form 2017/ guidelines
- housing for all urban