Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana in Odisha – www.bkky.gov.in
BKKY Card Status/Validity & Hospitals List 2018: Here we will discuss on BKKY registration, card validity, hospitals list 2018, yojana form and hospital expense. About 83% of people in Odisha lives in villages and their main occupation is farming. They toil hard to make living. When any of them suffers from health-related issues, it causes them heavy financial and emotional burden and many of them are unable to cope with it.
They also feel unsecured without health insurance, heavy expenses on medication and hospitalization. To address the grievances of farmers in Odisha, Government of Odisha has provided them with health insurance cover under ‘Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana’. Their official website is www.bkky.gov.in.
Let’s check BKKY registration process. Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana was introduced by Chief Minister of the Odisha State Shree Naveen Patnaik in November 2013. It is a health insurance scheme for farmers.
The Yojana was first started in Bhubaneshwar hospital on first April 2014. Under the scheme, many hospitals, nursing homes, Community Health Centre (CHC) and government hospitals provide health care services to the farmer families free of cost.
Main Features of Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana
- Farmers’ families get financial supports through health and accident insurance.
- State Government solely provides funding for the scheme; there is no central government intervention.
- The government in association with insurance companies such as National Insurance, IFFCO-TOKIO General Insurance and Reliance General Insurance offer the insurance under the scheme.
- About 60 lakh families have been covered under the scheme. There are two streams: stream I and stream II. Nearly 25 lakh farmers are covered under stream I, whereas 35 lakh are covered under stream II. Stream I includes treatment related to surgery, maternity benefits and newborn baby care that covers doctors, surgeons, any specialists, anaesthetist, X-ray, blood test, screening test, ward bed and any other treatment needed. In addition to all this, stream II includes cashless medical treatment and the expenses can even be reimbursed.
- There are different health packages under both the streams including various treatment offered farmers and their families. Farmers can choose a package that suits their needs.
- There is even a provision of refund under the scheme.
Benefits of Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana
- Farmers who will be enrolled under the scheme gets medical and accidental health insurance and cashless based medical treatment.
- Beneficiaries can get medical treatment of up to Rs 30,000 per family per year at any of the hospital listed under stream I of the scheme; whereas under stream II of the scheme, it is Rs 70,000 per family per year.
- Only Farmers and their families can enrol for it.
- Up to 5 members of the family can take benefits of the scheme.
- If the spouse of the farmer is living separate or not alive, then the family head can add another member of the family as beneficiary.
- Head of the family has to remain present for the registration. If for some valid reason, the family head can’t remain present, then his/her spouse can make registration on behalf of him/her.
The beneficiaries need to enroll through one of the listed insurance companies. The insurance company will identify details of the beneficiary and do the proceedings necessary for the enrollment.
The beneficiary will be provided with a smart card. The card is used to get access to medical treatment and services under the scheme.
Krushak Kalyan Yojana is a very beneficial scheme to the farmers and can be the blessing if any unexpected medical expenses occur to them or their family members.
- Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana card validity/hospitals list 2018
- hospital expense Biju in Odisha
- Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana form/registration
- BKKY card status/validity/registration/contact phone number