Apply online to get the e-Tourist Visa of India
Indian Visa Online Application: With a view to attracting more tourists to India, e-Tourist visa scheme has been launched. It is aimed to make the visa process simpler. To get the visa is the prime necessity when one wants to visit any country.
Tourism is one of the main industries and India being a country of great cultural heritage and monuments as well as natural scenic beauty, attracts lots of tourists from across the globe. The e-Tourist Visa is an initiative to promote tourism in India.
Through e-TV, one can apply online to get the tourist visa. It is a simple process. They just have to upload documents and pay visa fees online. This e-visa facility is extended 150 countries.
How Does e-Tourist Visa Work?
The e-TV allows the prospective visitor to apply online at www.india.gov.in for Visa to enter India from comforts of home; she/he doesn’t have to visit Indian embassy office. Once applied and visa fee is paid, the application is scrutinized in few business days.
On approval, the applicant is notified through an email authorizing her/him to travel to India. A print out of this authorization is used as the travel document.
On arriving in India, the tourist has to present it to the immigration office. The authorities would put the stamp that shows the entry into the country. This facility is offered at 16 major airports in India. One can also check the status of the visa application online.
Eligibility for e-tourist Visa of India
- The e-tourist visa facility is made available to foreigners whose sole purpose of visiting India is to visit places for sight-seeing, recreation, get medical treatment for the short time duration, casual business trip etc. The visa can’t be used for any other purposes. One has to make entry into India within 30 days of approval of e-Tourist Visa. One can stay in India for not more than 30 days based on this visa. The e-Tourist Visa can be made avail to anyone only twice in a year.
- She/he should have the passport with at least six months validity from the date of entry into India.
- The Traveler should have the return ticket or onward journey ticket with him as well as enough money to spend during the stay in India.
- The e-tourist visa is not made granted to diplomatic/official passport holders as well as to international travel document holders.
Documents Required for e tourist visa of India
- You need to upload following documents when applying for e-TV.
- Scanned first page of passport in the .pdf format having a size between 10 KB to 30 KB.
- Digital photocopy in the .jpeg format having the size between 10 KB to1 MB. The photo must be equal in height and weight, and must not have the border. The background of the photo should be white.
The e-TV facility will flourish tourism to India and make the visa process easier for the people across the globe to visit India.
More Related Tags:
- Indian Visa Online Application/ processing time
- e-Tourist Visa of India Review