Online Appointment and Medical Report Facility in Government Hospitals
Govt. Hospital online appointment: In an initiative to provide online appointment and report facilities in government hospitals, Online Registration System (ORS) is introduced under the flagship e-governance project. At least 70 government hospitals in the country will be offering this facility and more and more hospitals will be linked to the project.
The ORS system was launched as a pilot project in 2014 at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi. The system is an initiative under services provided under the Prime Minister’s Digital India initiative.
Features of the Scheme
Patients can fix an appointment online by providing their Aadhar number at the website www.ors.gov.in. On successful registration, they will be provided Unique Health Identification Number.
Patients who make online OPD appointment in the hospitals receive confirmation SMS. They also get a reminder about their upcoming visit when the appointment is due. The system provides an option to cancel the appointment.
Patients can make the appointment, view their laboratory reports and even check the availability of blood online through the ORS system.
How to Take Online Appointment
To take an appointment online is made very simple.
- Go to the website www.ors.gov.in.
- Click on ‘Book Appointment Now’.
- Verify yourself by providing your aadhar number.
- Select hospital/department where you want to take the appointment.
- Select date of appointment.
- You will receive SMS for confirmation of the appointment.
How to View Lab Reports Online
You can view your lab reports online. It is very simple. Follow the steps given below on how to view your reports.
- Go to the website www.ors.gov.in
- Click on the menu option ‘Lab Reports’
- Choose your hospital.
- You will be asked to enter your hospital registration number.
- Now you can see your blood reports.
Check Availability of Blood
- You can also check the availability of blood online.
- Go to the web portal www.ors.gov.in
- Select your state.
- A table showing the availability of different kind of blood at various districts will be displayed. Contact details will also be provided.
Challenges faced by the system
The system is a great initiative and provides the sigh of relief to patients, but it faces its own set of challenges too. The government hospitals are already under lots of hassles. It may happen that many people take appointments and don’t turn up.
There is so many poor who are already waiting in queue outside hospitals wards, as they lack knowledge of such online system or don’t have an access to it.
The online appointment and report facility in government hospitals is a blessing and provides comforts as patients won’t have to wait in a long queue. People will also don’t have to travel a long distance to collect the lab reports.
More Related Tags:
- Government hospital online registration
- hospital online appointment
- ors.gov.in appointment cancel