IRCTC is planning to launch New laptop, phone, Gadget Insurance Scheme
IRCTC is planning to launch an insurance scheme for laptop, mobile phone and other gadgets to the train passengers who book their tickets online through the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation website. Initially, the scheme will be offered to government employees and those who are credit card holders.
After the success of 92 paise travel insurance policy, the IRCTC is to plunge into insurance for gadgets, so that the passengers can travel without many worries if they are carrying costly gadgets during their journey. It is planning to provide insurance in case of rail accident as well as thefts.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation has already the first round of discussion with insurance companies. It has partnered with ICICI Lombard General Insurance, Shriram General, and Royal Sundaram. It plans to offer travel insurance cover just at the premium of Rs 1.
The major concern is about introducing such insurance scheme is the false claim. IRCTC wants to launch the plan from the month of September.
Likely Features of the Scheme
- Usually, like general insurance, IRCTC offers such insurance to train passengers who are Indian Citizens who book their tickets through NGet website.
- It is an optional scheme. But if you make a group booking, then if you take the insurance, it applies to the complete group.
- Charge for the insurance will be deducted along with the charges for the ticket.
- The coverage will cover loss or damage to the gadgets from accident or theft.
- Passengers will receive the policy information directly through SMS on the registered mobile and registered email address from the insurance company along with the link to file the claim.
IRCTC has already launched accidental death and disability travel insurance policy at just 92 paise. It offers families compensation of up to Rs 10 lakh if of death or permanent total disability occurs due to rail accident, Rs 7.5 lakh in the event of permanent partial disability and up to Rs 2 lakh towards hospitalization and medical expenses.
IRCTC insurance scheme for laptop, mobile phone and other gadgets to the train passengers will provide a sigh of relief to them as there is always a fear of valuables and electronic gadgets being lost while you are traveling.
The insurance is offered at the nominal premium; anybody can afford it and enjoy their journey without any worries.
More Related Queries:
- irctc insurance scheme 2017 for train passengers/ travelers
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Gadget Insurance
- irctc to offer baggage insurance for train passengers