Scooty and Cycle Scheme in Jammu and Kashmir
In a bid to promote education and empowerment among Jammu & Kashmir youth, Government of the state is taking various initiatives and has launched several schemes. CM Scooty and ATB schemes are part of it.
CM Scooty Scheme for College going Jammu & Kashmir Girls
Literacy rate among girls in Jammu and Kashmir is very less. Even among the girls who get school education, very few pursue higher education. If a state wants to progress, it requires equal participation from women. In order to achieve that, education and empowerment of the women is a must.
In an initiative to encourage more and more girls to get access to higher education, Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti has introduced a Scooty Scheme in the State, also a part of women-centric initiatives taken in the state.
CM Scooty Scheme has been launched on 9th November 2016 for college going girls of the state. 150 scooties were distributed to girls each of the two colleges; Government College for Women, Parade, and Government College for Women, Gandhi Nagar.
To make girls independent in terms of commuting to college, they are provided 50% subsidy to purchase a Scooty.
Eligibility to get benefit of the Scheme
- She must have been enrolled for the degree course with not less than 3 years.
- She must have secured at least 65% marks in 10+2 exams.
- She must be above 18 years of age.
- Her family income should be less than Rs 4 lakh.
- A verified copy of 10+2 certificate
- Driving license
- Proof of age
- Proof of income of parents
How to Apply
Girls interested in getting the benefit of the scheme can contact college authorities to get the form during the specified time for the scheme. A completely filled form is to be attested by state authority. Then submit it along with necessary documents to the district authority. It is to be approved based on merit. Girls from weaker sections of the state may be given priority.
Cycle Scheme for Boys
Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has announced cycle scheme for boys from the poor section of the state. Under the scheme, meritorious boys who have passed the 10th examination will be provided All Terrain Bike (ATB).
Details of the Cycle Scheme
- The ATB scheme is for meritorious boys belonging to lower economic strata.
- ATB will be provided to boys students of the government school.
- The student must have secured at least 10% marks in the 10th exam.
- 90% of the cost of the cycle will be borne by the government, whereas 10% will be paid by the student.
- The benefit of the scheme is available to boys who have to travel more than 2 km from home to go to school.
Students can get the application from their school and submit the completely filled form along with necessary documents to the school authority.
The Scooty and Cycle schemes in Jammu & Kashmir will pave a way for access to education to more and more students of the state.
More Related Queries:
- Apply for Jammu & Kashmir Government Scooty Scheme
- J&K cm scooty scheme
- Application for J&K Cycle Scheme for Boys
- Subsidy on scooties for college going girls
- 1 Scooty and Cycle Scheme in Jammu and Kashmir