Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) – Janani Prasuti Gruh And Sonography Clinic List
Aimed at reducing maternal and neo-natal mortality, Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) is a safe motherhood intervention. You can check Janani Maternity Nursing Home List, Prasuti Gruh And Sonography Clinic List and application form on official website www.nhp.gov.in. It is implemented by the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in all states and Union Territories; specific attention is paid to low performing states.
The initiative was launched on 12th April 2005 which promotes institutional delivery among the poor pregnant women.
Janani Suraksha Yojana is funded by central government. It engages accredited social health activist, ASHA and Anganwadi workers and another such activist as the link between the poor pregnant women and the government. The scheme is integrated one which provides cash assistance with delivery and post-delivery care.
Role of ASHA and other health worker associated with Janani Suraksha Yojana
- They have to identify a pregnant woman as a beneficiary of the scheme facilitate them with registration for antenatal care.
- Help identified pregnant woman get required certifications wherever needed.
- They have to ensure that the pregnant woman receives at least three ANC checkups and they are given TT injections, IFA tablets at right time.
- Help them identify government hospital or accredited Institute, for counseling, checkups, and delivery.
- Escort beneficiary woman to the pre-determined Institute and accompany her till the woman stays in the hospital.
- Make arrangement to immunize the newborn baby with necessary vaccination till the age of 14 weeks.
- They have to inform about the birth or death of the child or mother to respective the ANM/MO.
- They have to make post natal visit to inquire about baby’s and mother’s health after delivery.
- Provide necessary counseling for breastfeeding to the newborn.
- To promote family planning.
Key Features of Janani Suraksha Yojana
- The Yojana is for the poor pregnant woman. Eight states that include Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal have very low institutional delivery rates and are named as low performing states (LPS); the remaining states are named as High performing States (HPS).
- Beneficiaries registered under this scheme are issued JSY and MCH cards. Identified workers help prepare a micro-birth plan for women. Women registered under the Yojana are helped with the antenatal check-up and the post delivery care.
- Pregnant women belonging to below poverty line are eligible for the cash assistance under the scheme. Only those women who are above 19 years of age and deliver in government hospitals, government health centers or in accredited private hospitals are provided the cash assistance.
- To meet the cost of delivery, pregnant women in LPS are provided RS 1400 cash in the rural area and RS 1200 in the urban area; whereas in HPS, it is Rs 700 for women in the rural area and Rs 600 in an urban area. This cash assistance is only to those women who go for institutional deliveries. ASHA workers who assist pregnant women in LPS are provided an incentive of Rs 600 in the rural area and Rs 200 in the urban area.
Janani Suraksha Yojana is a welfare scheme that has helped to reduce maternal and neo-natal mortality significantly among the poor.
More Related Tags:
- Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)/National Health Portal Of India
- National Rural Health Mission (NRHM)Janani Maternity Nursing Home List/ Hospital Address
- Janani Prasuti Gruh And Sonography Clinic List
- Janani Suraksha Yojana application form download/Suraksha Yojana