Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Details
PMJJBY Application & Claim Form: Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is an insurance scheme offered by Government of India and administered by Life Insurance Company LIC in collaboration with the banks. The scheme was launched in May 2015. It is aimed to protect the majority of citizens at affordable cost.
PMJJBY is a renewable insurance offered at an annual premium of mere Rs. 330. It provides life insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakhs in an unfortunate event of death due to any reason. It is a yearly policy and can be renewed every year.
Eligibility for PMJJBY
Any Indian between the age brackets 18-50 can avail benefits of the scheme provided he/she has a savings bank account with one of the participating bank. Aadhar card is mandatory as primary KYC. It doesn’t require any medical examination.
You have to submit a duly filled form to the participating bank. You have to provide self-certification of your good health. You need to mention the name of the nominee and your relationship with the nominee. If the nominee is minor, then you have to specify the name of the guardian.
Features of PMJJBY
- The coverage is of one year from 1st June to May 31st.
- Delayed enrollment can be made by paying the full premium.
- The premium will be debited to your account with the auto debit facility. It will be paid in one installment.
- It is affordable to almost everyone as the annual premium of Rs. 330 makes less than 1 rupee a day.
- The premium is auto-debited and so you make sure that your account has necessary balance.
- The policy needs to be renewed every year.
- The death benefit is of Rs. 2 lakhs. If the insured is covered through multiple accounts or multiple insurers, then the first application based on the date of enrolment is paid the benefit.
- There is no maturity benefit. You can’t surrender the policy.
- Income tax benefit applies according to income tax rules.
- The insurance will terminate when the policyholder attains the age of 55. If the bank account is closed with which the policy is linked or if there is no sufficient balance to pay for the insurance, then also the policy will terminate. If the insurance cover is ceased due to technical reasons, the policy will get terminated.
How to Apply for PMJJBY
You need to fill out a form. The form can be downloaded from the website http://www.pradhanmantriyojana.in/download-jeevan-jyoti-bima-yojana-scheme-forms/.
Download the form and print it. Submit the duly filled form to the bank along with self-certification of good health. Make sure that there is enough balance on your account.
How to File a Claim
In case of death of the insured, the nominee has to go to the bank and submit the duly filled claim form along with discharge receipt, death certificate, and bank account details.
You can download the form online or can collect it from the bank. The bank will do the necessary proceedings and once the claim process is completed, the claim amount will be transferred to the account. The nominee can remit the money then.
Get insured with the most affordable life insurance through Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Bima Yojana and be secured!
More Related Queries:
- Jeevan jyoti bima yojana SBI
- PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Application & Claim Form