Guidelines for Ladli Beti Yojana in Jammu and Kashmir
Ladli Beti Yojana Application Form: In a bid to improve skewed child sex ratio and change people’s perspective towards girl child, State of J&K has introduced Ladli Beti Scheme. The scheme was launched by the state government in September 2015. At the launch, Chief Minister of the state, Mufti Mohammed Sayeed had expressed her concern towards discrimination between children based on gender.
It is a state-sponsored financial assistance scheme for the girl child and social security will be provided to girls under the scheme.
The scheme addresses issues related to rights of girls from birth to adulthood. In the first phase of the scheme, Ladli Beti was implemented in six districts of Jammu & Kashmir having low child sex ratio. Then the scheme is extended to other districts.
Objectives of the Ladli Beti Scheme
- To improve girls: boys ratio in the state.
- To provide economic security to the girl child.
- To reverse the alarming trend of declining child sex ratio
- To provide the girl child an access to education.
- To stop discrimination between gender.
Features of Ladli Beti Scheme
- Girl children whose annual family income is below Rs 75,000 are covered under the scheme.
- It provides financial security to the girls.
- Under the scheme, each month Rs 1,000 will be deposited towards the birth of girl child by the government.
- The scheme has come into effect from 1st April 2015 and will be continued for next 14 year.
- The six districts selected for the first phase of the scheme are – Kathua, Budgam, Jammu, Pulwama, Samba, and Anantnag.
The Jammu & Kashmir government has introduced various welfare schemes for the girl child and her education, skill development, women empowerment, AASRA scheme providing insurance coverage to low-income families and much more. You can download Ladli Beti Yojana Application Form Jammu Kashmir online.
Ladli Beti scheme will go a long way in transforming the gender-based discrimination. It will help see the girls by families, not as the financial burden. The scheme will have positive effects on reversing the alarming state of declining child sex ratio in the State.
More Related Queries:
- Ladli Beti scheme application form
- Ladli Beti Yojna in Jammu and Kashmir
- Ladli Beti scheme guidelines