Ladli Yojana Delhi Government India
Ladli form submits address/helpline no: With a view to empower girls and provide them financial assistance for higher education, Ladli Scheme was introduced by the Government of NCT of Delhi on 1st January 2008.
Objectives of the Ladli Yojana
- To promote the birth of girl child.
- To check cases of female feticide and to improve the skewed sex ratio in the state.
- Socio-economic empowerment of girl.
- To eradicate discrimination against the girl child.
- To promote higher education among girls and reduce drop-out rate of girls from school.
- To provide financial security for the education of girls.
Key Features of the Ladli Scheme
The fund under the scheme is deposited in the name of the girl child with SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd. The girl can claim the maturity amount when she attains the age of 18 years and passes the 10th exam as a regular student or 12th class exam. The maturity amount is decided by when the girl was registered for the scheme. Financial assistance sanctioned under the scheme is as follows:
|At the time of birth- for institutional delivery||Rs. 11,000|
|At the time of birth- for delivery at home||Rs. 10,000|
|Admission to Class I||Rs. 5,000|
|Admission to Class VI||Rs. 5,000|
|Admission to class IX||Rs. 5,000|
|Admission to class X||Rs. 5,000|
|Admission to class XII||Rs. 5,000|
- The girl must be born in Delhi and her birth registration must have been done by the Registrar, MCD/NDMC.
- The applicant must be a resident of NCT Delhi for at least three years before the date of birth of the girl child.
- An annual income of the family must not exceed Rs 1 lakh.
- When the girl goes to school, she has to study in a government recognized school.
- Maximum two girls from the family can get the benefit of the scheme.
- Proof of residence for last three years in Delhi
- Certificate of annual income of the family
- Birth certificate of the girl
- Group photo of parents with the girl child.
- Caste certificate, if belongs to SC/ST/OBC category
- The copy of Aadhar Card of the parents and the girl child, if available.
How to Apply
Application for the benefit of the scheme can be made by submitting the completely filled application within a year of the birth of girl child in case of newly born and within 90 days in case of school going girls to the concerned district office. The application form can be obtained from respective District Women and Child Development Officer or from government recognized school.
Claim Process on Maturity
A girl registered under the scheme can file a claim if she has passed 10th and attained 18 years of age or if she has passed the 12th class exam.
An application form for withdrawal of maturity amount is submitted along with necessary documents such as acknowledgment letter from SBIL, mark sheet of the qualifying exam, the copy of the bank passbook etc. She must have opened a zero balance savings account in the SBI.
The Ladli scheme is a step forward in promoting birth to the girl child, improve sex ratio and promote higher education among girls!
More Related Queries:
- Ladli Yojana Delhi government India
- Renewal of Ladli scheme
- Ladli scheme head office in Delhi
- Ladli form submit address/helpline no