Process to link Aadhar card with bank account online and offline
Aadhar card link to SBI bank account: It has become mandatory to link your aadhar card to your bank account. The process of linking your aadhar card is very simple. You can link it online as well as offline.
How to link your Aadhar Card online
It is easy to link your aadhar card online. In order to link your aadhar card online, you must have registered your account for net banking. If you haven’t, then you can register it online in few minutes at the website of the bank.
Following given is a general guideline about how to link aadhar card online, the process might differ little for each bank.
- Go to the bank’s website.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Click on ‘Link your aadhar number’.
- Enter the aadhar card details in required fields. Verify your information. Then click on ‘Submit’ button.
The bank will do the necessary verification and link the aadhar card to your bank account. Once linked, you will receive notification regarding through email.
Offline linking of Aadhar Card with Bank Account
To link the aadhar card offline, you have to fill up required form. You can download the form from bank’s website and print it. You can also visit nearby bank location and get it from there.
Fill up the form by providing your bank account number, bank IFSC code, and aadhar card details. Attach the photocopy of your aadhar card. Go to the bank and submit it. You will have to probably show your original aadhar card in the bank.
Your bank will scrutinize your application and process it. Once your aadhar card is linked, you will be notified.
Benefits of linking Aadhar card with your bank account
Linking of your aadhar card with bank account offers you several benefits. Some of the benefits are:
- It helps with direct credit of government subsidies such as subsidies on Kerosene, LPG, sugar, rice etc.
- Aadhar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) lets you access your account from anywhere in the country.
- Welfare funds and other benefits, government scholarship, payment for MNREGA etc can be made through aadhar linking.
- Aadhar card can be used as KYC to open your bank account.
Linking of aadhar card with your bank account is a step forward in unique identification scheme and offers several benefits as well.
More Related Queries:
- Link aadhaar card to bank account/ mutual fund/ pan/ last date
- Link aadhaar with mobile number/SBI account online