Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana Odisha to get Legal Assistance
Odisha Government has launched Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Shibir Yojana aimed at helping deprived sections of the society at the grassroots level with legal assistance in order to get justice. The scheme was launched by Chief Minister of Odisha, Mr. Naveen Patnaik, on 24th December 2016. It is named to honor the first lawyer from Odisha, Madhu babu.
Objectives of the Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Scheme
With the launch of this Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana, the poor and needy of the state will get legal assistance in order to get justice. It is targeted to the mass at the grassroots level, assistance will be offered in every Panchayat across the state.
Efforts will be made to make people aware of their legal rights and informed about how they can protect their legal rights.
Key Features of Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana
- Under the scheme, legal assistance cells, known as Sahayata Shibirs at Panchayat offices or Bharat Nirman Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendras, are to be established in 6,812-gram Panchayats in Odisha. The legal cell is to be headed by a practicing lawyer having minimum three years of experience.
- Sahayata Shibir will be organized every Saturday or Sunday limited to the maximum of four days a month for settling legal disputes of afflicting poor in the villages.
- Free legal consultations will be provided through these legal assistance cells to the deprived sections of the society.
- The lawyer who provides legal assistance will be paid Rs 500 remuneration per sitting.
- Panchayat Executive Officer/Gram Rojgar Sevak will be paid Rs 150 for managing the legal cell.
- It will help people resolve issues with long pending litigations. Priorities will be given to women, senior citizens, children, people belonging to backward classes, SC/ST etc.
Poor people can’t afford to pay for legal services and their legal issues remain unsettled. Poor is also ill treated and exploited by the upper section of the society as they can’t raise their voice and ask for justice due to lack of finance and knowledge on how to seek legal assistance.
Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana is a blessing to such people and creates hope in them for getting legal justice.
More Related Tags:
- Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Sibir scheme
- Law Department Orissa notification