Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlamban Yojana Rajasthan – MJSA
Resources of water are scarce in the state of Rajasthan and people living there have to face difficulties with the scarcity of water. The state receives very less rain in the monsoon and much area is the desert. To address the issues related to water sources and make the state self-reliant for its water requirement, Chief Minister of the state, Vasundhara Raje has launched a very ambitious Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlamban Yojana in January 2016. A huge fund of Rs 1,500 crore has been allocated to it. To make the scheme a success, cooperation from all sectors and corporate houses have been sought.
Rajasthan is a state that covers 10% of the land and has 5% population, whereas it has only 1% water available in the country.
According to the climate change report, the state faces the highest possibility of drought. In a bid to seek the long-term solution for the water scarcity in the state, the state government declared the year 2016 as a ‘Year of Jal Kranti’.
Objectives of Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlamban Yojana
- To ensure effective utilization of water received through different sources. The scheme is to promote water harvesting and water conservation in the rural areas.
- The scheme is to be implemented with a holistic approach that involves innovation, excellence and active partnership from all section of the people. The scheme is very ambitious and is implemented with a dream to create ‘Islands of Excellence’.
- To make villages of the state self-reliant for water needs.
- To make use of the water accumulated locally from various sources in the best possible way.
- To work for the increase in a ground level of water and reduce depletion.
- Surface flow is to be made available in the mainstream of watershed.
- To increase the availability of surface water.
- To cover more area under cultivable land and irrigation facility.
- To bring at least 40% area under irrigation.
- To increase crop production as well as make changes in the crop pattern.
Key Features of the Yojana
- The scheme is a 4 years program. It is divided into phases. One phase is of one year.
- The scheme is launched across 295 blocks of 33 districts in the state.
- Financial resources needed for the scheme are to be mobilized from multiple sources such as concerned departments, corporate houses, religious trusts, NGO, social groups etc.
- The latest technology will be used for water conservation and water harvesting.
- Low-cost water harvesting structures are to be prepared.
- Active participation of the people is considered for implementation of the scheme.
- In the first phase, 3529 villages have been covered under the scheme. In coming, 3 years around 6000 villages will be included each year.
Total of 21,000 villages of the State will get benefits under the mission.
Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlamban Yojana is not only a scheme from the government but a massive campaign for water to be made available to all needed for various purposes. It has got
It has got the tremendous response from all walks of the people in the state and successful implementation of the scheme can be a game changer for the state in the coming years to see prosperous and better Rajasthan.
More Related Queries:
- MJSA app water Rajasthan Gov/Aug login
- MJSA Donate For Water Rajasthan