CM Santwana Harish Yojana in Karnataka
Mss.kar.nic.in: Here we will discuss on Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana of Karnataka. The death toll due to road accidents in India is very high. And many of the accident victims meet ill fate because they don’t get immediate medical treatment. Many lives could be saved provided they get the right treatment at right time. It is a matter of serious concern and needs sincere efforts on the part of the government as well as the public. The State of Karnataka has taken an appreciable initiative in this direction.
Karnataka State government has launched a very noble and remarkable scheme CM Santwana Harish Yojana on 8th March 2016.
The scheme provides immediate medical attention and treatment for 48 hours to road accident victims. The scheme is named after Harish Nanjappa, who had donated his eyes just before his death in a road accident.
He had set an example for others by donating his eyes though he died because he had not received immediate medical treatment.
To ensure that benefits of Santwana Harish Yojana reach to all, the software will be installed in hospitals to help victims with registration, patient admission to hospital, claim etc.
Key highlights of Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana
- The accident victim will be immediately rushed to the nearby hospital and immediate attention and treatment will be provided. The patient will avail whatever treatment needed that includes admission to intensive care unit, head injuries, blood transfusion, fractures, spinal injuries, burns and other treatment as required.
- The scheme will provide medical treatment to all the road accident victims irrespective of their financial status or nationality.
- Immediate medical treatment will be provided to the victim during the Golden Hour that will cover financial assistance up to Rs 25000 for the first 48 hours of treatment.
- All private, public and government hospitals, as well as medical colleges, will provide treatment to the accident victim. No hospital can deny admission. Hospitals have been graded according to the facilities available in the hospitals.
- Software made for hospital registration, patient registration, claims submission and packages will be installed for the proper implementation of the scheme.
- The State government has allocated 10 funds for financial assistance and more funds will be released for the scheme.
- The emergency toll-free number is 18004258330 and helpline number 108/104 has been set up to help accident victims.
- CM Santwana Harish Yojana in the state of Karnataka will help save many lives with immediate medical treatment to road accident victims. The scheme is also an example that can be followed by other states.
- Mukhyamantri Santwana ‘Harish’ Scheme
- Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana in Karnataka
- Harish sadhana yojana
- Mss kar nic in