National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme Registration Form 2017
NAPS Apprenticeship Online Registration: To incentivize employers, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS). Under the scheme, the government will share 25% of the stipend paid to the apprentice.
The scheme was launched on 19th August 2016 and is first of its kind from Government of India. The scheme is aimed to encourage more and more private SPSUs, CPSUs, MSMEs, and Government sector to engage apprentices, which will work towards skill development.
Objectives of NAPS
- NAPS is aimed to promote apprenticeship training. By apprentice training, workers get adequate training for developing the skill needed for their work.
- To incentivize employers to engage in apprentices.
- To increase the number of apprentices to 50 lakh by the year 2020; which is meager 2.3 lakh at present.
Features of NAPS
The government will reimburse of 25% of total cost of stipend limited to maximum monthly Rs 1500 for each apprentice to the employer who engages apprentices.
The total cost of basic training limited to maximum Rs 7,500 for maximum 500 hours or 3 months, will be reimbursed to the basic training providers for providing apprenticeship training to those who come for it without any formal training.
The apprentice training covers various services such as Agriculture and allied services, automobile, aviation, apparel, banking and financial services, insurance, capital goods, bamboo jute and green technology, painting, construction, ceramics, electrical, electronics, IT, gems, jewellery, leather, refrigeration, air conditioning, health care and wellness, manufacturing, textile, handlooms, food processing and many more.
Apprentices covered under NAPS are trainees passed out from ITI courses, those who have completed PMKVY/MES courses and candidates who have the minimum required training needed for the trade.
Eligibility Criteria for Apprentice under NAPS
- Applicants must possess minimum age, educational and physical fitness required for the trade.
- Age of fresher apprentice should be less than 21 years.
- She/he must have aadhar number.
Implementation of NAPS
The scheme is implemented by Regional Directorates of Apprenticeship Training (RDATs) under the aegis of Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE). Under the scheme, the central government provides funding for the scheme.
The training is provided by Central Public Sector Undertakings and private establishments in the States.
Registration by employers, apprentices, registration of contract, payment to employers etc can be done online.
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme is one of the skill delivery systems across the nation. The scheme will help with skill development necessary for the different trade and services. The skilled workers not only get better opportunities but also help with the better livelihood.
More Related Queries:
- NAPS Apprenticeship Online Registration
- National Apprenticeship Pomotion Sheme Registration Form 2017
- implementation of national apprenticeship promotion scheme
- non national apprenticeship promotion scheme