Prashikshak – The One and Only India’s Teacher’s Education Portal
Prashikshak education portal: In an initiative to strengthen elementary education, a dedicated web portal for District Institute of Education and Training (DIET), known as Prashikshak has been launched by Ministry of Human Resource and Development. The portal is an online platform for collecting data from all DIETs.
A DIET conducts pre-service and in-service teachers’ training at the elementary education level. It also hosts workshops, seminars and provides support and resources for educational research at the district and state level.
Prashikshak helps DIETs organize data of teachers training and its work and facilitates online reporting of data which can help the government assess quality and insights analysis to strengthen the teacher education system.
Prashikshak collects 800 data points annually from all 646 DIETs. The government has a plan to expand the portal to cover all 18,839 government teacher education institutes across the country.
Prashikshak has been developed jointly by Ministry of Human Resource Development and Central Square Foundation.
Objectives of Prashikshak.in
- It is aimed to set quality benchmarks and supports DIETs in making informed decisions about their teachers’ training institutes and make performance comparison among institutes under DIETs across the country.
- To prepare a database of Teacher Education Institutes with relevant information regarding the institutes and provide various performance indicators.
- This portal would entail the establishment of a strong monitoring mechanism on all relevant performance indicators of TEIs.
Components of Prashikshak Portal
There are two main components of Prashikshak: an input module and output module. TEIs can submit data about their concerned faculties and other matters at the input module. The output module features dashboards and allows various reports which can be used by various government functionaries.
Key Features of Prashikshak Web Portal
- It provides government officials transparent data and tools for decision making. It will help them strengthen teacher education by analyzing system’s strength and weaknesses, support systems with low performance and identify the areas where resources need to be targeted.
- The portal empowers aspiring teachers with better-informed choices. They can make the comparison between the institutions and choose right one with the help of data tool.
- It supports innovation in teacher education and provides researchers, entrepreneurs and innovators data to develop innovative ideas.
- It supports better decision making and provides transparency to the public with access to data teacher education data.
Prashikshak is an innovative initiative to support decision needed to strengthen elementary education. It also helps with encouraging low performing institutes to improve.
More Related Queries:
- Prashikshak online portal
- Online Teacher’s Education