Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana Maharashtra Application and Registration
In order to provide healthcare facilities to poor families in Maharashtra, the State Government has launched Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana. It is focused on the families living below poverty line and marginally living above the poverty line. Here we will discuss on Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana application form, online registration and hospital list in Pune.
Features of the Scheme
- The Yojana is for families who hold one of the four cards: Antyodaya card, Annapurna card, below poverty line (BPL) – yellow card, above the poverty line – Orange card.
- Medical treatment is available for 971 types of diseases, surgeries, and therapies.
- The medical procedures are divided into 30 categories.
- A network of 444 hospitals has been created under the scheme where medical facilities are availed.
- All the 35 districts of the state are covered under the scheme.
Implementation of the Scheme
Maharashtra government has established ‘Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana Society’ which implements and monitors the execution of the scheme in coordination with the National Insurance Company (NIC). RGJAY Society and NIC have identified hospitals in the state and have impaneled to provide medical services under the scheme.
The beneficiary patient can approach one of the network hospitals directly or can be referred to it by a doctor in the government hospital or health camp.
‘Aarogyamitra’ (Health Friend) are appointed in all the network hospital who help patients and check health card and other necessary documents. If everything is as needed, the patient is admitted to the hospital and the hospital will make an online pre-authorization request to the insurer NIC.
The request is processed within 24 hours. In case of emergency, the hospital can ask for an immediate approval through a telephonic talk.
All the expenses for the medical treatment of the patient are borne by hospital and bills will be sent to insurer NIC for reimbursement. Usually, the expenses cover general ward bed charges, nursing, doctor’s fees, treatment, surgery, blood tests, diagnostic tests, X-rays, implants etc.
Benefits of the Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojna Scheme
- Under the scheme, health coverage of Rs1.5 lakh can be availed in a year by a family or an individual in the family. Rs 2.5 lakh is provided for renal transplant.
- Hospitals listed under the scheme provide cashless service and no deposit of any kind is required. It doesn’t even require pre-existing disease waiting period.
- Many hospitals known for world-class medical facilities are included in the network of hospitals under the scheme that includes Tata Memorial Hospital, Asian Heart and Research Centre, RN Cooper and much more.
- The hospitals provide free follow up consultation too.
- The beneficiary families can also get access to one free medical camp conducted in Taluka Head Quarters, Municipalities or Gram Panchayat.
Families with annual income less than Rs 1 lakh which holds one of the four cards issued by Maharashtra government: Antyodaya card, Annapurna card, yellow ration card or orange ration card are eligible to apply for the benefit under the scheme. It doesn’t cover white ration card holders.
Valid applicants are provided ‘Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana Health Card‘ bearing name of the family members, their photos, and age. The health card is to be produced in the hospitals to get the benefit of the scheme.
If any medical procedure is needed before the health card is issued, valid ration card and aadhar card can be produced before the hospitals to avail medical services under the scheme.
If aadhar card is not issued, anyone document from voter’s ID, driving license, school id, PAN card etc can be used as proof of address.
Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana is a blessing to the poor who otherwise can’t afford costly medical treatment and suffer from illness or medical condition due to lack of financial resources.
More Related Queries:
- Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana Application Form/Online Registration/list of diseases
- Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana Maharashtra/hospital list in Pune/information in Marathi