Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan – RMSA Portal Review

By | October 5, 2017

Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan

With a view to enhance access to secondary education and to impart quality education, Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) was launched in 2009.

RMSA Project

The scheme is mainly focused to reduce drop out ratios in secondary school and to encourage more and more students to continue education. Certain norms of the scheme have been revised and implemented from 1/4/2013. It removes gender, socio-economic and disability barriers under the scheme.

Advertisements

Objectives of the Scheme

  • To achieve enrollment rate of the students to 90% at the secondary level and 75% at higher secondary level.
  • To provide universal access to secondary school education to all.
  • To provide the school within the reasonable distance from habitation.
  • To improve quality of education.

Features of the Scheme

  • Facilities to be provided in the school under the scheme include classrooms, laboratories, libraries, art and crafts room, drinking water, toilet blocks, hostels for teachers coming from remote areas etc.
  • Schools are provided additional teachers to make student: teacher ratio 30:1.
  • Emphasis is laid on education to Science, Math and English subjects.
  • In-service teachers are provided training.
  • Curriculum and teaching-learning reforms are to be made.
  • Under the scheme, preference is given to upgradation of Ashram schools.
  • More female teachers will be recruited in the school.
  • More schools are opened in the areas where SC/ST/Minority is concentrated.
  • To enroll more students from the weaker section, a special enrolment drive is taken.
  • Separate toilets for the school are to be concentrated.
  • Government aided schools are also covered under the scheme for quality interventions.
  • Under the revised scheme, Information and Communication Technology education, vocational education, girls’ hostel, inclusive education for disabled etc are included.

Implementation of the Scheme

The scheme is implemented by special agencies established by the state government. The central government as well as state government releases fund for the scheme directly to the agencies. The central government provides 75% fund, whereas state government provides remaining 25% fund in the non-NER states.

In NER states, central government contributes 90% of the fund. The Ministry of Human Resource Development approves RMSA Project under the scheme.

To know more about the scheme, you can visit www.rmsaindia.gov.in.

Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan is an ambitious scheme from the government of India which envisions educated youth who will get better employment and standard of living. The Abhiyan will definitely help towards developed India.

More Related Queries:

  • RMSA Portal
  • Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan website
Advertisements

(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *