Rastriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Application Form, Card Status, and Hospital List
Rastriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) is a health insurance scheme aimed to provide health insurance coverage to people working in unorganized sectors. Here we will discuss on Rastriya Swasthya Bima Yojana application form, card status, and hospital list details.
The scheme was launched in 2008 which provided coverage to below poverty line households; it is extended to include others later. The scheme targets to cover about 70 million households by end of 2017. The premium cost for the beneficiaries under the scheme is shared by the Central Government and the State Government.
The Scheme RSBY administered and implemented by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare since 1st April 2015. The scheme covers unorganized workers working in the field of building and construction work under welfare schemes, street vendors, railway porters, MNREGA workers, Rickshaw pullers, Mine Workers, Auto/taxi drivers and much more.
Aims of the Rastriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
- To provide financial support to meet expenses for the treatment and hospitalization needed for the catastrophic health.
- To provide access to quality health services to people living below poverty line.
Details of Rastriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
- BPL families are eligible to get benefits of the scheme.
- Beneficiary families are provided Rs 30,000 per annum on a floater basis towards for hospitalization and medical expenses for the diseases defined under the scheme. Maximum 5 members of the family can get health care under the scheme. In addition Rs. 100 for transportation to hospitals limited to Rs 1,000 per annum is provided.
- The beneficiary will have to pay only Rs 30 for registration. The premium for the health coverage is paid by the government.
- BPL households can choose from the participating private and public hospitals.
- The beneficiaries are provided smart cards; they have to present the card to get health services under the scheme. Biometric verification is done. It supports cashless transactions.
Insurers are provided with a list of eligible BPL families. The insurance company prepares an enrollment schedule for each village. BPL list, schedule with the date is posted in each village and local centers for enrolment are set up.
The families are enrolled and they are provided a smart card and all the information is provided to them. They only have to pay Rs 30 as registration fee and all the process including biometric fingerprinting and photograph etc can be accomplished in 10 minutes.
Rastriya Swasthya Bima Yojana will ensure that BPL households will get health services and medical treatment needed. It will also help improve their overall health.
More Related Queries:
- Rastriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Application Form/Card Status/Hospital List 2017
- RSBY Health Insurance Scheme