Apply for Right to Light Scheme
Schemes for Students below Poverty Line: Right to Light Scheme has been introduced by the Central government of India for school students of the state Uttar Pradesh. Under the scheme, each school going student will be given solar power light to be in the night for reading purpose.
The same scheme has already been introduced in four other states which include Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Orissa. The program will be implemented in the state Uttar Pradesh. Solar lamp to the students helps them study at night. There are so many interior rural areas in these states where electric supply is yet to reach or there is an irregular supply.
Features of the Scheme
- The scheme will target those homes which do not have the electric supply.
- The scheme will solar lamps to about 1.03 crore students in Uttar Pradesh. It will cover 296 development blocks in the state where electric supply provided to is less than 50% area.
- Partial cost of the lamp will have to be paid by the student; whereas remaining cost will be paid by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- Bulbs of 3 and 5 will be distributed to students. DC ceiling fans and cell charger points will also be provided under the scheme.
- Students under BPL category will be covered under the scheme.
- The scheme is engineered by engineers and technical staff from IIT Bombay.
- It will reduce 50% of electricity consumption and his beneficiaries will have to pay less for electricity consumption.
Eligibility for benefit under the scheme
- Students belong to below poverty line can avail the benefit of the scheme.
- The Student must be the resident of the respective state under the scheme.
Implementation of the Scheme
The scheme is implemented by the ministry of new and renewable energy. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has played a key role in the implementation of the scheme where its engineers and technical staff have joined hands with the MNRE in order to successfully implement the scheme.
Right to Light is a noble scheme which helps exercise right to education also. Students who don’t have access to light from other sources to study will definitely be happy to get the solar lamp under the scheme. Better education will provide them better employment and livelihood.
More Related Queries:
- Schemes for Students below Poverty Line
- LED bulb distribution