Kisan Credit Card to be Converted to RuPay Card, Its Benefits
Apply for RuPay Kisan Card: To help agrarian sector suffer the least due to demonetization, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the eve of New Year made many bonanza announcements. One of the important announcement was that three crore Kisan credit cards would be converted to RuPay cards over the period of three months. You can check more details on the official website also.
RuPay card is aimed to promote cashless transactions. Kisan credit card was introduced in the year 1996. The card offers short-term credit or loan to the farmers. Money using the card can be withdrawn from ATM or from a bank branch. The drawback with the card is that it is cash based. The new replaced RuPay card will allow the cashless transaction.
It will also help the farmers deal with cash crunch post demonetization.
RuPay card is a debit card. It was launched on 24th November 2012 with a view to assisting farmers. With The RuPay Kisan Card, credit given to the farmer is directly transferred to the farmer’s account, so that purchase of seeds, fertilizer, pesticide etc can be made faster.
The RuPay has been issued by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). It facilitates digital payment at all Indian banks and financial institutions. NABARD is to coordinate the conversion process of Kisan Credit Cards into RuPay card.
Benefits of RuPay Kisan Card
- Credit requirement of farmers can be met by this card
- The card can be provided by public, private and co-operative banks.
- With this card, farmers can make transactions or withdraw money at ATM and PoS terminals
- Farmers don’t have to pay any entry fee to get the card.
- The card is PIN enabled and much secured.
- The nominal quarterly charge is to be paid for use of the card.
- It offers prompt service.
- Interest on the loan is low.
The government has recently taken several steps to help farmers. It has increased credit limits. Efforts are being made to provide various loans for the agrarian purpose at low interest.
To ensure that farmers don’t suffer due to demonetization, the government has exempted them 6% interest on loans for November and December 2016.
Agriculture is the backbone of Indian economy. The majority of the rural people are associated with farming and the conversion to RuPay card will facilitate the farmers in making cashless financial transactions.
Farmers can make a purchase for farming activities with RuPay card from anywhere. It will make their process faster, easier and cashless.
More Related Queries:
- RuPay Kisan Credit Card Scheme 2019/ Official website
- the difference between Rupay debit card and Rupay Kisan card
- advantages and disadvantages of Kisan credit card
- Rupay Kisan card application form/apply online/contact number