Samarth Sangini Yojana in MP
Aimed at providing safety to the women, Government of Madhya Pradesh in association with Department of Police has launched an innovative scheme known as Samarth Sangini Yojana.
The scheme was launched in Beitul district of Madhya Pradesh in August 2016 and has proved very effective in reducing crime against women and now it has been launched in all districts of the state in January 2017. It will provide protection for the rights of women who are victims of social problems and violence, specifically in rural areas.
To combat crimes against women under the scheme, additional superintendent of police or deputy superintendent of police is assigned a post of the nodal officer by the state police department, a network of Anganwadi workers, helpers, NGOs, counseling agencies have been formed. The network will help the nodal officer in checking crimes against women.
Women can go and report the crime against them such as molestation, rape, domestic violence etc to members of the network. And they will report to the police and immediate actions will be taken. The nodal officer will make inquiry against the complaint
Main Objectives of the Samarth Sangini Yojana
- To check crimes against women and children
- To provide security and safety to the women as they know that immediate action will be taken if they report the crime.
- It will create fear among the wrongdoers that if they get caught they will be punished hard and women will feel secure on the road even if they are late.
- Active participation of women counseling cells, NGOs, Anganwadi workers, help groups etc in reporting crimes.
- Create healthy and safe environment.
- To report quarrels and fight to the police in order to stop them.
- Give a voice to downtrodden, poor and underprivileged.
- Help police collect intelligence and evidence against crimes and criminals.
- To empower and motivate women to fight against injustice incurred to them.
Benefits of Samarth Sangini Yojana
- Crime against women such as molestation, rape, sexual exploitation etc will be reduced.
- It will significantly reduce cases of harassment, eve-teasing as the culprits are aware of the fact that if reported,
- they will be arrested immediately and punished.
- Women will feel at peace and their morale and self-confidence will increase.
Implementation of the scheme has shown very positive results and women feel more secure. Women are also gathering the courage to raise voice against the crime as they know they will be helped fight against it. Good performance of the scheme also sets an example for other states.
More Related Queries:
- Samarth mp portal
- MP Yojana list in Hindi