Saur Sujala Yojana Chhattisgarh
The main source of income in Chhattisgarh is farming and agriculture. It requires good irrigation facility to get the good yield from farming. Many villages and districts of Chhattisgarh are yet to get electric supply and as such, they can’t get the electric pump installed for irrigation facility. To address the grievances of the farmers, Saur Sujala Yojana has been devised.
The scheme will facilitate them with irrigation facility based on the solar irrigation pump.
The Saur Sujala Yojana has been launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 16th foundation day celebrations of the state. Chhattisgarh becomes the first state to implement such solar based scheme. The scheme would provide subsidized solar-powered irrigation pumps to farmers. The scheme is a part of various welfare schemes launched for poor.
Key Facts about the Scheme
- Solar powered irrigation pumps of capacities 3HP and 5HP priced at Rs 3.5 lakh and Rs 4.5 lakh respectively will be distributed at the nominal price.
- Priorities are given to the places where electric supply is not available.
- In the financial year 2016-17, 11,000 solar pumps will be distributed under the scheme.
- 51,000 such pumps will be provided under the scheme in coming three years.
- Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA) will implement the scheme and take care of distribution, installation and other related services. It will also select beneficiaries under the scheme.
Saur Sujala Yojana Application Process
Agriculture department of the state handles the application process. Farmers of the state who don’t have access to electricity and are interested in getting the solar pump installed can contact Agriculture department of the state government to collect the application form.
A completely filled application the form along with necessary documents is to be submitted to the department. Aadhar card is mandatory to apply.
Your application will be processed for verification within 15 days of submitting the application. You will have to submit your bank account details that include the name of the account holder, account number, IFSC code etc. An investigation will be made; a service engineer will visit the field.
The investigation report will be submitted to CREDA and it will confirm the application. If your application is approved, you will get the solar pump at the subsidized rate on paying the required amount. CREDA will provide complete support to the farmers from installment to regular cleaning and other technical help.
Saur Sujala Yojana is a blessing to farmers of Chhattisgarh who don’t have access to electricity. It will help them produce more and have the better livelihood.
More Related Queries: