Punjab Government Shagun Scheme Form and Apply Online
Shagun Scheme Apply Online: Women empowerment and equal participation from women for the development of the nation is essential. Central Government as well as State Governments of India is taking various measures to improve socio-economic status of women. Many initiatives have been taken and beneficial schemes have been launched. You may check Punjab Government Shagun Scheme Form online.
For the years Punjab government has prioritized women empowerment and has been focusing on equality of women and working towards eradicating social evils such as child marriage, female feticide, illiteracy, sati pratha etc.
Punjab Government is running many welfare schemes and Shagun Scheme is a part of it. The scheme was started on 1st April 1997 and still continued.
The scheme provides financial help to the underprivileged families during the time of their daughter’s marriage. It provides Rs15,000 for the marriage of their daughters from backward families under the scheme. The state government has allocated Rs 98 crore to the scheme in the year 2015-16. The government actively ensures that its benefits are delivered on time.
Objectives of Shagun Scheme
- To bring about positive change in the attitude of the people towards girl child
- To eradicate the evil of child marriage of the girl and encourage them to get married when they attain marriageable age.
- Provide financial assistance to families at the time of marriage provided she has reached marriageable age i.e. her age is 18 years or more.
- To provide them better education and health
- Help families plan future for girls.
- To empower women
- The girl child must belong to the BPL family
- The scheme applies to girls belonging to a scheduled caste or Christian families.
- Families of girl child whose family income is less than Rs 20,000 in the rural area and Rs 27,000 in urban area respectively can get the benefits.
How to Apply
One can apply for the benefits of the scheme online at www.punjab.gov.in. Enter the required information and submit it. You have to upload necessary documents. You can also download and print the form at the website. The completely filled form along with necessary documents can be sent to the address mentioned on the form. The application can be made before a month or within one month after a marriage.
- Documents Required
- Proof of residence
- BPL card
- Proof of wedding
The financial assistance to poor families at the time of marriage is very helpful to meet marriage expenses which otherwise is a great burden to them!
More Related Queries:
- Shagun scheme form/ bank accounts
- Shagun scheme apply online 2017/ detail
- Shagun Scheme Registration/ amount in Punjab