Apply for Pension Scheme for BPL Women in Telangana
Women Pension Scheme in Telangana: A novel welfare scheme, Telangana Single Women Monthly Pension scheme has been launched by Chief Minister of Telangana State on 7th January for the women living below poverty line in the state of Telangana. The scheme will come into the effect from the new financial year starting from April 2017.
The government realizes that the hard work put by women is not sufficient enough for sustaining their families, and in an urge to help them with financial assistance, various measures have been taken and several welfare schemes have been launched for women that include Aasara pension scheme, Shadi Mubarak, and Kalyana Laxmi schemes; the newly announced Telangana Single Women Monthly Pension scheme is an addition in the foray.
Through these schemes, the government is already providing pensions to aged people, especially abled and windows. The newly announced scheme will cover beedi workers too.
Orders regarding the pension scheme for women will be issued by the state government of Telangana soon. The chief minister urged the eligible women to register their names under pension scheme for single women of BPL.
Main Features of the Women Pension Scheme
- Every eligible woman under the scheme will be provided with a monthly pension of Rs 1,000 to meet financial liabilities.
- About 2-3 lakh women are likely to get the benefit of the pension scheme.
- The scheme is backed by the state government and the financial burden will be borne by the state government itself.
Eligibility for Women Pension Scheme
- Following criteria applies for the eligibility to get the pension under the scheme:
- Every single women resident of the Telangana State
- She belongs to below poverty line (BPL) category
Implementation of the Scheme
District Collector will gather information regarding single women in their respective district. Eligible women will have to get their name registered under the scheme. The state legislators have been appealed to help women in getting registered.
The government would allocate funds needed for this scheme in the ensuing annual budget to be presented in the assembly in March 2017.
The Telangana Single Women Monthly Pension scheme has been welcomed by all the downtrodden women of Telangana state. It will definitely alleviate positions of financially distressed single women living below poverty line and help them sustain through life.
More Related Queries:
- Women Pension Scheme in Telangana
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Pension for single women India
- government scheme for old age women
- Welfare Schemes for Women Telangana
- vidhva pension yojna Gujarat form pdf
- vidhva Sahay Yojana form
- widow pension scheme Rajasthan