Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Toilet Online Apply
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a campaign launched by Prime Minister of India on 2nd October 2014 as a mission to accelerate the efforts to achieve universal sanitation coverage across the nation. It is a call for clean India and is the largest ever cleanliness mission in India. Here we will discuss on Swachh Bharat Mission Toilet application form and online registration process. You can check more details on official website www.swachhbharaturban.in.
The campaign is a mass movement for cleanliness and people from different sections are invited to join it. With the massive movement, people have developed a sense of responsibility to make India Clean India.
The Mission is headed by Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS). It is divided into two Sub-Missions, the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) and the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban). Our Honorable Prime Minister has given a call to achieve Swachh Bharat by 2019, as a tribute Mahatma Gandhi, on his 150th Birth anniversary.
Swachh Bharat Mission in urban areas aims at building individual toilets, community toilets, and solid waste management; whereas Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) puts emphasis is on behavioral change intervention, providing the incentive for building the toilet and Solid and Liquid Waste Management.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Gramin)
The core problems regarding sanitation in rural area are open defecation and no proper solid waste management. The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan addresses these issues.
Main objectives of the SBM (Graminn) are:
- To improve the general quality of life in the rural areas by accelerating sanitation coverage, promote cleanliness and hygiene and eliminate defecation in open.
- To create awareness among the rural people and educate them about the linkage of sanitation to health by motivating communities and Panchayat, so that sustainable sanitation coverage can be obtained.
- To provide them ecologically safe and cost-effective sanitation.
- To develop community managed sanitation systems and Solid & Liquid management systems to achieve cleanliness.
States are provided flexibility to develop a framework to effectively implement the campaign. It should be implemented at state, district, and block level. A District is a base led by District Collector and a project proposal will be prepared by the District. The plan is a 5-year plan made of five individual annual plans.
A group of ‘Swachhata Doot’ comprises of people from self-help group, women groups, community organizations, Panchayat institution can be developed for this purpose.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Urban)
Main objectives of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Urban) are:
- To eliminate defecation in open
- To eradicate manual scavenging
- Develop Solid Waste Management system in a scientific way
- To bring about behavioral change for healthy sanitation practices
- To create awareness about sanitation and public health
- If needed, private sector participation can be considered.
The mission components include construction of house toilets, community toilets and public toilets, solid waste management, the awareness program and capacity building. Implementation is at the city level that works in coordination with the State administration.
With awareness in society and citizens being active participants in cleanliness drive across the nation, the dream of a ‘Clean India’ by Mahatma Gandhi is being realized.
More Related Queries:
- Swachh Bharat Mission Toilet Application Form/Online Registration
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan website/slogans/images