Activate SMS Alert for TDS Deduction from Income Tax Department
TDS SMS Alert 2017 Notification: Finance Minister, Arun Jaitely launched SMS Alert Service for tax deducted at source (TDS) for salaried people on 25th October 2016. The TDS SMS will be received by the salaried person on a quarterly basis. About 2.5 crore salaried people would benefit from it. Very soon the SMS alert will be available on a monthly basis.
Access TDS Traces Login page on https://www.tdscpc.gov.in/app/login.xhtml
The SMS service will be very beneficial to salaried people as they can match their salary slip and with the TDS mentioned in SMS.
If any mismatch is there, they can do necessary for corrective measures. It will be very helpful to them when they file the tax return at the end of the fiscal year. This will keep them updated about their TDS deductions and help save from litigations as salaried people can’t pay tax twice.
Through TDS, the government collects the certain percentage of tax from salary according to the income tax slab that applies to an employee.
Benefits of SMS Services
Through SMS alert, you come to know exactly what amount of money has been deducted as tax. For any mismatch, the employee can contact the administrative department and do the needful to get it corrected. At the end of financial year, once the tax is paid, no post tax corrective measures can be taken.
On which number will you get the SMS alert?
You have to get your mobile number registered on income tax e-filing website. You also have to register your email address. Along with the SMS, you will get email also at the email address registered by you. Once you register your mobile number and email address, it will be verified. It is mandatory that you provide the valid mobile number and email address.
You can update your mobile number later also. In order to update your mobile number:
- Go to your profile to the e-filing website.
- You go to ‘My Profile’.
- A new page will be opened with three tables, Pan Detail, Address and Contact Detail. PAN number will just be displayed. You can’t update it. You can update your mobile number by clicking on the tab ‘Contact Detail’.
- After editing your number, you click on the ‘Save’ button displayed on top right corner. You will receive a PIN number for your mobile and verification code for the email. Enter it and then click on ‘Confirm’.
The SMS facility will soon be made available for non-salaried tax payers. The government also has asked CBDT to provide online grievances redressal system for issues related to TDS.
The SMS Alert for TDS Deduction from Income Tax Department will help salaried people with the clear idea of TDS deducted and make it easier to file the tax return.
More Related Queries:
- salary TDS calculator/rate
- TDS SMS alert 2017 notification
- TDS filing software
- SMS from income tax department
- TDS refund process/status
- total tds by the employer of the pan for qtr ending
- tds traces login/ payment online/due date