Tiger Express Booking Online – IRCTC Packages & Prices for Semi-Luxury Train
Tiger Express Train Booking: With a view to be environment-friendly and attract nature lovers, Indian Railways in collaboration with IRCTC, launched a semi-luxury train. The scheme was flagged by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on World Environment Day, 5th June 2016. From the month of October, the train was to start the regular monthly trip.
It is the first semi-luxury train in India in a tourist circuit. It is the first time that Indian Railways have plunged into wildlife tourism. The train offers the best of wildlife experience in Madhya Pradesh. Here we will discuss on Tiger Express semi-luxury train packages and prices from IRCTC.
Salient Features of the Tiger Express Trip
- The Tiger Express is a semi-luxury train that takes tourists to Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks and Dhuadhar Waterfall in Bedhaghat, Jabalpur.
- The Kanha National Park is world famous for tigers, Swamp Deer, and the Barasingha. Rudyard Kipling was inspired by this park to write his famous novel, ‘The Jungle Book’.
- The Bandhavgarh National Park is very popular for its biodiversity. It has the largest density of the tiger population and is also has a large breeding population of leopards. You also find different species of deer.
- The entire trip offers ample opportunity to the tourists to be with nature and have a sight of a large number of wild animals.
- The train has the separate dining car, bathroom with shower and even includes a small library on it.
- It is a 5 days/6 nights trip and takes the travelers to three Tiger Safaris. It includes 3-start equivalent accommodation for three nights, food, sightseeing, local transfer and includes travel insurance too.
- Two types of packages are available. One if for 1st class AC and the other is for 2nd class AC. The 1st AC package ranges from Rs 49,500 to Rs 39,500. It is Rs 49,500 for single occupancy, double occupancy is for Rs 45,500, whereas 44,900 for triple occupancy. For a child aged between 5-11 years, Rs 39,500 is charged.
- Package for 2-tier AC is in the range 33,500 to Rs 43,500. Rs 43,500 is charged for single occupancy, Rs 39,000 for double occupancy and for triple occupancy, it is Rs 38,500. For a child, the charge is Rs 33,500.
- These rates are for Indian nationals, foreign tourists will have to pay Rs 4,000 extra.
- The journey starts from Safdarganj railway station, Delhi and travels via Katani, Jabalpur, Bandhavgadh, Kanha. The semi-luxury train will take the travelers onboard to the famous Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks in Madhya Pradesh and Dhuadhar Waterfall in Bedhaghat, Jabalpur.
The ‘Tiger Express’ is an innovative and environment-friendly initiative from Indian Railways that will attract a large number of tourists from India as well as the world over.
More Related Queries:
- Tiger Express Train Booking Online/train no
- IRCTC Packages Semi-Luxury Train/tiger express route