Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
Focused on sustained development and welfare of tribal people in India, Government has launched a ‘Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana’ on 28th October 2014. The scheme has been implemented by Union Ministry of Tribal affairs.
Under the scheme, 10 states have been selected that includes Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa, Rajasthan, and Telangana. In these states, blocks have been selected on recommendations of state governments of the respective states.
Aims of Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
The scheme aims to bring tribal population on equal footing other social groups of the country and active participation of them in the progress of the nation.
It envisages setting up right institutional mechanisms which will work towards benefits of all central and state welfare schemes reach the targeted group of people.
The scheme focuses on holistic development of tribal population by bridging the infrastructural gaps and brings their human development indices up.
In the initial phase of the scheme, target blocks have been identified having at least 33% tribal population.
To promote skill development and employment generation so that the people in the tribal area can have sustainable development and livelihood.
To develop the robust system for implementation of various schemes in the state.
To provide access to quality education so that standard of living and quality of life living in the tribal area can be improved.
To develop strategies for protecting tribal culture and heritage.
Key Features of Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
- The Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana seeks to strengthen the institutions and mechanisms that already exist. To achieve this, administrative, financial and technical issues and hurdles will be addressed. New institutes are also to be set up according to the requirement.
- All the resources and activities meant for tribal development are to be converted. It will help with synergy and speed up the growth.
- Proper planning and monitoring for proper allocation of funds and its reach to the targeted group of people is to be done so that outcomes of the various projects can be measured. At the central level, a project implementation cell is set up for this. The government also seeks helps from various academic and research institutes to monitor the progress of the schemes.
Benefits of Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
- Adequate means of livelihood and sustainable development will be provided.
- It will ensure that the quality education is provided to all.
- Tribal areas will be provided safe drinking water.
- Infrastructure will be created. Road connectivity, irrigation facility, electric supply etc will be provided.
- Tribal heritage, culture, and languages will be conserved.
- Urbanization will take place.
Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana will definitely help the tribal population to join the mainstream and play a key role in the development of the community as well as the nation as a whole!
More Related Queries:
- Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana Guideline
- VKY initial allocation