Pradhan Mantri Vikas Kaushal Yojana Courses – PMKVY Registration Guidelines
PMKVY guidelines 2017: Demographic data shows that India has 65%youth in working age group, but the majority of them are not skilled professionals. Better the skill you have, more are the chances to get a good job, earn well, better living standard, be more productive and above all, you get job satisfaction.
With a view to impart youth of India with various skills which empower them with employment and better future for themselves, their family, society and the nation as a whole, Government of India has launched Pradhan Mantri Vikas Kaushal Yojana, PMKVY, on 16th July 2015. Here we will discuss on PMKVY courses guidelines.
The Pradhan Mantri Vikas Kaushal Yojana is a skill development flagship scheme being run by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). Its main objective is to impart industry-relevant skill training. There are different kinds of skill development programs prepared and the training and assessment fees are paid by the Government.
The Yojana is currently launched for four years and aims to train 10 million youth under this scheme. To allure the youths for joining the skill development programs, monetary rewards are also given to them on successful completion of the training and certification.
Strategy of Pradhan Mantri Vikas Kaushal Yojana
- To impart market-driven training and certification followed by monetary incentives on completion.
- The Yojana is implemented on the nationwide scale through public-private and private-private partnerships.
- Pradhan Mantri Vikas Kaushal Yojana is aligned towards other Government flagship programs such as Digital India, Make in India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan etc.
- The scheme is implemented by National Skill Development Corporation, NSDC. The training will be imparted following National Occupational Standard.
- The scheme targets various industries and growth sectors.
- Various agencies are given responsibilities and their roles are not overlapped.
- The monetary awards to the beneficiaries are funded by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- To maintain transparency of the scheme, the money is transferred to the bank with aadhar validations only.
Main Features of the Pradhan Mantri Vikas Kaushal Yojana
Short-Term Training: PMKVY training Centers impart short-term training according to the National School Qualification Framework to Indian national who is the dropout form school/college or unemployed. Duration of the training varies from 150 to 300 hours and it includes training in soft skills, financial and digital literacy, entrepreneurship etc. Towards the end of the training, assessment is done and a certificate is given. They are also offered placement assistance.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): RPL provides assessment and certification to the individuals who already have developed the skill or have the prior learning experience. There are certain agencies designed by MSDE implement this program and is focused to align competencies of the unregulated workforce of the nation.
Special Projects: These projects are run by institutions of Central Government, State Government, Autonomous or Statutory bodies which facilitates training in special areas not defined under qualification packs or occupational standards.
Kaushal and Rozgar Melas: Every six months, Rozgar Melas are conducted. Adequate press/media coverage is given to such events to leverage active community participation.
Placement Guidelines: PMKVY visions to link skilled workforce it creates with industry demand and employment opportunities and makes all efforts thereby to provide placement opportunities. It also supports them for entrepreneurship development.
Monitoring Guidelines: To monitor high standards of quality training by PMKVY training centers, it employs various methodologies such as call validations, audit reporting etc.
Enroll for the PMKVY, acquire skills, earn the livelihood, get a reward and contribute towards building better India!
More Related Queries:
- Pradhan Mantri Vikas Kaushal Yojana Registration/Guidelines/Courses
- PMKVY official website/yojana detail in Hindi