What is Wi-Fi and how it works?
Wi-Fi is a local area wireless technology. It is also known as Wireless LAN. You can check wifi service providers in my area. A network uses radio waves as just like televisions, radios and mobile phones. It can be said that it is just like a two way radio communication. In the case it allows you to connect the internet connection without using any cables. It can be said that Wi-Fi is one of the most popular technologies of internet networking. It allows million of people to use internet network without any cables in homes, public locations such as hotels, cafes, pubs, etc, business places, etc across the world.
It is sure that most of the people have heard about the Wi-Fi but they never know what it is and how it works. You just don’t worry about it. Here are some basic guidelines regarding Wi-Fi prescribed hereunder which can help you. You are just required to read the whole article to know what it is exactly.
How to connect with Wi-Fi?
There are chances of Wi-Fi areas if you have been in coffee shop, airport, library, pubs, hotels or any other public places you might be in the areas of wireless network. It provides you wireless connectivity in the frequencies between 2.4 GHz to 5GHz. It’s based on the amount data. Areas where a Wi-Fi connection is available are also known as Hot Spots.
What you will need if you want to connect internet network with the use of Wi-Fi?
- First of all you will need a wireless router.
- You must have a computer along with a built in wireless adaptor or a separate adaptor.
Wi-Fi internet connections have so many advantages. It’s very easy to set up and expensive also. What you are required to do to connect the internet network via Wi-Fi. You are just required to follow the steps as provided below:
- First of all you just have to set up your wireless router. Nowadays internet providers supply standard wireless routers. It is remembered that you must provide an appropriate security as your computer can’t be used by anyone else.
- Thereafter you must have to check that your computer has a built in wireless adaptor. To ensure about the built in adaptor you are required to click on the “Start” button and right click on the ‘Computer’. Now click on the ‘Properties’. Next you are required to click on Device Manager. Now click on the arrow next to “Network Adaptors” as to ensure whether there is a Wi-Fi adaptor listed.
- If there is a Wi-Fi adaptor, icon of Wi-Fi should be appeared in the system. If wireless adaptor is not there you have to purchase one to plug in USB ports of any one of the computers you have.
- Now you are required to click on the icon of Wi-Fi as to connect a wireless network. Thereafter you can see a list of networks which are available.
- Now you have to click on the name to connect a network. If it’s a secured connection and you used it for first time you will need a password.
- It is recommended that you must be very careful if you are using unsecured wireless networks as such Wi-Fi hot spots in any public places. Never use the websites which require you personal of any financial information as there may be other users and they can access this information.