Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavlamban Yojana Gujarat Application Form – MYSY Scholarship Scheme
MYSY Scholarship Scheme 2017: To promote education and provide financial aid to meritorious and needy students for higher education, Government of Gujarat has launched Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavlamban Yojana since 2015.
The scheme offers various benefits to students studying in the primary, secondary, higher secondary, diploma, degree courses etc. Here we will discuss on Yuva Swavlamban Yojana online registration and application form. Their official website is www.mysy.guj.nic.in.
Main Features of the Yojana
- Students studying in government or government aided primary school is provided free books, uniform, and scholarship to all students irrespective of class, caste, income etc.
- All the students studying in government or government aided secondary and higher secondary school are provided free books.
- Students enrolled for Diploma courses and having percentile above 80 are provided the scholarship under the scheme.
- Students enrolled in degree courses and having percentile above 90 are in the 12th board examination are provided the scholarship for the course. D2D students can also avail the scholarship.
- Annual family income of the student should be less than Rs 450,000.
- Scholarship to diploma and degree courses is provided for the duration of the course. To get it renewed every year, they must secure 50% in the previous year.
- Financial aid under the scheme is directly deposited to the bank account of the students.
- A student who gets admission in self-financed colleges on NRI quota is not entitled to get the benefit of the scheme.
- Students must not be getting financial help under any other such scheme from the government.
Financial Aid under the Scheme
- Students, who are admitted to self-finance medical or dental college after 12th, get 50% of the tuition fee or Rs 2, 00,000, whichever is less.
- Students who are admitted to professional courses such as engineering, pharmacy, technology, physiotherapy, Para-medical, Veterinary etc in government approves self-finance colleges are provided 50% of tuition fee or Rs 50,000, whichever is less.
- Students admitted to graduate courses such as B. Sc. /B. Com. /B.A. /B.C.A. /B.B.A. in any government approved self-financed colleges, are provided 50% of the tuition fee or Rs, 10,000, whichever is less.
Students admitted to Diploma courses after 10th are provided 50% of the tuition fee or Rs 25,000, whichever is less.
- Eligible students who have to go out of their Taluka for higher education and who can’t get admission to government or government aided hostels, are given Rs 1,200 each month for food for 10 months a year.
- Eligible students under the scheme are provided one-time aid to buy books: Rs 10,000 to medical/dental students, Rs 5,000 to degree engineering students and Rs 3,000 to Diploma students.
Implementation of the Scheme
The scheme has come into effect since the academic year 2015-16.
Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat (KCG) has been set up to implement the scheme for higher education. KCG works in coordination with National Informatics center (NIC). An independent web portal www.mysy.guj.nic.in has been set up where one can get all the necessary information.
Students, who are interested in getting benefits of the scheme, have to apply online at the portal. They will have to upload necessary documents along with the application.
For any further information or query, one can call at 079- 26566000.
Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavlamban Yojana is a noble scheme which helps a number of students who want to pursue higher education but lack financial resources.
The scheme will also pave a way for more professionally educated youth in Gujarat. Better education provides them better employment opportunities and prosperity!
More Related Queries:
- Yuva Swavlamban Yojana Online Registration/Application Form
- MYSY Scholarship Gujarat
- mysy registration form/Gujarat Yuva swavalamban Yojana